04 June 2021 | 13.00 – 15.00 CEST
**Watch the recording of this session on YouTube**
Translated audio files of the dialogue in 6 UN languages
Speakers in this Independent Dialogue will explore how a new narrative about food systems can be used to stimulate transformative action and deliver on better outcomes for human, animal, and ecological health. Following in the week after the 74th World Health Assembly, attendees will gain a deeper understanding of intersection points across the health-food nexus, identifying where targeted, multi-stakeholder action could take place; creating a multiplier effect across the Sustainable Development Goals and action on climate.
The outcomes of this convening will be submitted as an input to the UN Food Systems Summit. Now, more than ever, a systemic narrative about food systems must be reflected in the language of intersecting international, national, and sub-national processes – including, but not limited to, the G7, G20, UN Food Systems Summit, UN Climate Change Conference (COP26), and Nutrition for Growth in 2021.
- Dame Sally Davies, UK Special Envoy on Antimicrobial Resistance
- Dr. Agnes Kalibata, UN Special Envoy to the UN Food Systems Summit
- Dr. Omnia El Omrani, Liaison Officer for Public Health Issues, International Federation of Medical Students’ Association.
- Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director General, World Health Organization
- Guy Ryder, Director General, International Labour Organization
- Juan Lucas Restrepo, Director General, The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture
- Philip Lymbery, CEO, Compassion in World Farming
- Ruth Richardson, Executive Director, Global Alliance for the Future of Food
…. and many more.
This dialogue is co-organized by the World Health Organization, EAT, and the Global Alliance for the Future of Food, with support from the Centre for Science and Environment, CIAT Bioversity International, Compassion in World Farming, Healthcare Without Harm, International Federation of Medical Students Association, International Labour Organization, Lagos Food Bank, Mexican National Institute of Public Health, NCD Alliance, PMNCH for Women’s, Children’s and Adolescents’ Health, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), SUN Movement, World Medical Association, World Obesity Federation, and 1000 Days.
Download the AGENDA
Download SPEAKER BIOS