Participating foundations form the backbone of the Global Alliance for the Future of Food. We also welcome other foundations and philanthropists who share our ambitions to cultivate healthy, equitable, renewable, resilient and culturally diverse food and agriculture systems shaped by people, communities, and their institutions.
Global Alliance membership is open to foundations with an interest in sustainable agriculture and food system reform, a commitment to being part of a strategic network, and an ability to support the Global Alliance with human, financial, and strategic resources.
As part of the Global Alliance, our participating foundations together:
- Create impacts that are greater than the sum of their parts
- Gain access to a wealth of information, intelligence, and global networks
- Realize the power of working together and with others to affect positive change
- Expand participating foundation’s strategic “philanthropic portfolios” to include strategies beyond their individual “borders” and mandates
- Participate in a flexible alliance that allows participants to engage in ways that are most aligned with their own organizational interest and strategies
The Global Alliance is a marketplace for convergence, discussion and facilitation of collaborative opportunities between funders.